We are starting Irrigation Winterizations on November 1st. Here are the details below. Follow the link at the bottom to add your house to my list.
- Winterization $ 40.00 for up to 12 zones, $50.00 for 13-18 zones, $60.00 for 19-24 zones
- Save $5 if you refer a new customer to me! Please share this on your neighborhood FaceBook/Communications page!
When at your house:
- I will need access to the shut off valve and your irrigationcontroller
- (If the controller is in the garage, please either provide your key pad code, leave the pedestrian door unlocked, or pull the red emergency release handle on your garage door so I can access)
- Westend 11/3/16 & 11/4/16
- Magnolia Green 11-07-16
- Grove 11-8 & 11-9
- Westend 11/10/16
- Collington/Summerford Parkway 11/11/16
- Summer Lake 11/14/16
- Robious Road 11/15/16
- Westend 11/16/16
- Chester 11/17/16
- Charter Colony Parkway 11/18/16
- Summer Crest/Stonehenge/ Lucks Lane 11/19/16
- FoxCreek/ Magnolia Green 11/21/16
- Harpers Mill/Ashbrook/Hampton Park 11/22/16
- Woodlake/Foxcroft/Foxfire 11/23/16
If you are on an annual contract for chemical applications and irrigation services you do not need to fill this out.
We’ve been lucky to have a little taste of spring in between these frigid weeks. I’m very excited that Spring is just around the corner as it means it’s the beginning of doing what I’m passionate about – taking care of lawns and irrigation systems.
During the first two weeks of March I will be applying the first round of spring fertilizer and pre-emergent. This covers 10,000 square feet. I can deliver this for you with no extra fee or apply it for an additional fee.
I am also scheduling Irrigation Start-Ups and Backflow Certifications. Depending on the weather, I hope to begin these mid-March. The cost for Start-Up and Backflow Certification will be $60.00. Winterizations in the fall will be $40.00 again this year so the total cost for the year for all irrigation services will be $100.00.
Please let me know if you need any mulch delivered, spread, or bed edges defined. I am happy to pass on the mulch discounts I receive from Yard Works which is roughly 10% off retail prices.
Below is a list of services that I specialize in. Although these will be my main focus, I will be happy to help you with any of your outdoor needs.
Annual Chemical Services (the below services can be tailored to meet your desired results and be applied at manufacturer recommendations)
March: Pre-Emergent Barricade 14-0-2 (pre-emergent i.e. kills weeds before they start)
April: Irrigation Start up, and State Required Annual Backflow certification
Early May: Dimension 5-0-15 (pre-emergent i.e. kills weeds before they start)
Late May: 4-Speed XT ( herbicide i.e. weed killer)
July: Quincept (herbicide i.e. weed killer), Organic Earthworks fertilizer 3-4-3
August: Soil test
September: Aerate, starter fertilizer, seed
October: Mid-Season Fertilizer Southern Lawn 25-0-3
November: Winterizing Fertilizer Southern Lawn 32-0-7, Irrigation winterization
December: Organic Earthworks Fertilizer 8-2-2
State Required Annual Backflow Certifications
Landscape Design and Installation
Bed Edging and Mulching
Your business is very much appreciated!
With the cold weather quickly approaching, it’s time to think about preparing your sprinkler system for the cold winter.
Fields Irrigation offers complete sprinkler system maintenance and winterization services. From a broken sprinkler ran over by a vehicle to a break in you sprinkler line, we can fix it all.
It is important to winterize your Sprinkler System to avoid costly damages done by water expansion during the cold months. When systems are not properly drained, the most common damage is a split copper or ball valve on the back flow preventer. This repair is costly due to the time it takes to replace the copper parts and re-attach them. Poly Pipe that is not winterized will become brittle from the cold and when the water expands it breaks easily. Sprinkler heads with water left in them will also break when the water within them freezes and expands inside.
Winterizing Your Irrigation System
Call or Email Fields Irrigation today to schedule your service!
With the end of summer here, it is time to start thinking about the traditional fall yard treatments. I can get whatever products you would like for me to get, I am also available to apply each application at an additional cost. I can pick all treatments up are one time or during the appropriate application time. Each bag should cover the approximate square footage listed beside each item. Each bag is 50lbs.
Southern Lawn Tall Fescue Blue Tag Certified: 10,000 sq. ft. for over seeding or 6000 sq. feet for new seeding.
Southern Lawn Tall Fescue Xtreme Blend: This is for yards with irrigation systems as it has Blue Grass mixed in. 10,000 sq. ft. for over seeding or 6,000 sq. ft. for new seeding.
Southern Lawn Maxx: is a coated seed. It is coated with the following nutrients
Southern Lawn Starter Fertilizer: 14-28-14 or 14-20-14 Put down when you aerate and seed at the end of August through mid September 7,000 sq. ft
Southern Lawn Mid Fertilizer: 25-0-3 Put down 1 month after starter, no later than mid October 10,000 sq. ft.
Southern Lawn Winter Fertilizer: 32-0-7 Put down 1 month after the mid-season fertilizer but no later than mid-November 10,000 sq. ft.
Lime: 40lbs bag Based upon your yard’s needs. This can be determined by a soil test to determine PH of soil (should be around 6.5). for a commercial one or I believe you can get one at Home Depot or Lowe’s.
I also will be aerating in September. The cost of this will be based upon the size of the yard, however most yards are $45.00.
Just let me know if you are interested in anything or have any questions. As always, I greatly appreciate your business and referrals!
Many yards are starting to show signs of stress. This can be attributed to the hot summer and also the large amounts of rain we have had that resulted in fungal disease damage. I recommend applying an organic based fertilizer to help with the heat. If you need help identifying fungal disease or any other damage, please do not hesitate to .
With the below Earthworks Replenish organic based, blended fertilizer 3-4-3 your lawn will get a summer green up. Organic fertilizers will not burn your grass and can be spread liberally throughout your lawn and even into adjacent garden and plant bed areas. Not only will this application feed your lawn slowly without risk of burn, but it will also feed your soil. Below is the description of the product from Landscape supply as well as a link to their website. This should be applied any time between now and the middle of August and should be applied at 6lbs per 1,000 square feet – each 50lbs bag will cover 8,000 square feet.
- Earthworks Replenish 3-4-3 is 100% egg layer poultry compost. This product is a very effective and inexpensive form of top dressing fertilizer and is an important part of many soil programs.
- The compost used in this product is all egg layer waste, which is very high in calcium, carbon and naturally occurring minerals. This product has gone through two separate digestion cycles, one in the bird and one in the composting facility. The digestion process in the animal allows all the minerals not used by the bird to become a part of the fertilizer. The additional composting process then adds more microbial richness. Because we use the best raw materials available, the EarthWorks Replenish compost is a powerful fertilizer that feeds both the soil and the plant.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your lawn care and irrigation needs! I greatly appreciate your business!
With the spring pollen behind us and the heat of the summer right around the corner, it is now time to apply the second round of fertilization and pre-emergent. Below are the two options for this application. The first is recommended for yards without irrigation systems as the potassium will help fend off some of the summer stress due to the heat and lack of water. The second option is for lawns with irrigation systems as the readily available water offsets the need for extra potassium. This will also give a better green-up as it contains 14% nitrogen. Prodiamine is contained in each application. This will help prevent weeds from germinating.
1. Southern Lawn 5-0-15 + .38% Prodiamine provides superior control of crabgrass throughout the entire growing season. Containing 15% potassium, Southern Lawn Prodiamine also provides the plant with great cell wall strength heading into the summer stress.
2. Southern Lawn 14-0-2 also includes .38% prodiamine, which offers season long control of crabgrass. Used on sod farms, lawns, athletic fields and on golf courses, Southern Lawn Prodiamine has proven to be a very economical, yet efficient dual purpose solution. Prodiamine offers season-long control of crabgrass, Poa annua, and other grassy and broadleaf weeds.
This will be the last feeding that is needed until July/August. At that time it is recommended to apply a professional, organic based, blended fertilizer for summer green-up. Organic fertilizers will not burn your grass and can be spread liberally throughout your lawn and even into your adjacent garden and plant bed areas. Not only will this feed your lawn slowly without risk of burn, but organic fertilizers also feed your soil. Also, during this summer period, look for fungal disease damage. If needed, you should apply broad spectrum, professional fungicide on problem areas
I will begin picking up and delivering these next week. If you have any questions please reach out to me.
As always, thank you for your business and Happy Mothers Day!